Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Not great thoughts

This is my first blog post, whew. My son, S, just turned 16 months and I'm some what at a loss for how to deal with all the new emotions that come with the adventure that is motherhood.  Frankly the last week has been a roller coaster of crying laughing and utter confusion.  I really thought that I was loosing it, going crazy or something worse.  So after days of telling my husband, J, that I didn't know how to handle this, I called two friends.  The first person I never even called, just writing her was comforting.  The second I called was Q, oh Q! She has a little girl and guess what?! She was having the same feelings as me!! That's right most moms have these feeling!  Today's lesson was "Get over your self and call a friend!" I didn't realize how much I needed my friends until I finally got over my pitty  party and called for help.

I've started reading a great book by Lysa Terkeurst, Unglued, and I'm really excited to start changing my thoughts to help change my attitude.  I'll be recording my thoughts about life,  kids, maybe politics and the normal girly things, here for your reading pleasure! I don't know where my life is headed but I have a vision of what I want it to look like! 

No comments:

Post a Comment