Thursday, September 5, 2013

Pride, the Old School way

I wish more Christians, and people for that matter, spoke this way! I wish they wrote and talked this way! The WORD has so much power and I feel most days that our current language is loosing its power. This is how a seventh-century monk of Sinai, John Climacus, describes pride:

Pride is a denial of God, and invention of the devil, contempt for men.  It is the mother of condemnations, the offspring of praise, a sign of barrenness.  It is a flight form God's help, the harbinger of madness, the author of downfall.  It is the causes of diabolical possession, the source of anger, the gateway of hypocrisy.  It is the fortress of demons, the custodian of sins, the source of hardhartedness.  It is the denial of compassion,  a bitter Pharisee,  a cruel judge.  It is the foe of God.  It is the root of blashemy.

When I read words such as these my soul feels a live, I am living the truth that is being said.  These words reach down to the depths of my soul and touch something in me.  I am moved, nevere to be the same again.  I hope for the sake for our world that the power of words comes back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment